To be eligible for the CRCB, you must meet all the following conditions for the 1-week period you're applying for:
You are unable to work at least 50% of your scheduled work week because you are caring for a family member.
You are caring for your child under 12 years old or a family member who needs supervised care because they are at home for one of the following reasons:
- Their school, daycare, day program, or care facility is closed or unavailable to them due to COVID-19
- Their regular care services are unavailable due to COVID-19
- The person under your care is:
- sick with COVID-19 or has symptoms of COVID-19
- at risk of serious health complications if they get COVID-19, as advised by a medical professional
- self-isolating due to COVID-19
You did not apply for or receive any of the following for the same period:
- Canada Recovery Benefit (CRB)
- Canada Recovery Sickness Benefit (CRSB)
- Canada Worker Lockdown Benefit (CWLB)
- Employment Insurance (EI) benefits
- Québec Parental Insurance Plan (QPIP) benefits
- short-term disability benefits
You earned at least $5,000 in 2019, 2020, 2021, or in the 12 months before the date you apply from any of the following sources:
- employment income (total or gross pay)
- net self-employment income (after deducting expenses)
- maternity and parental benefits from EI or similar QPIP benefits
You are not receiving paid leave from your employer for the same period.
You were not self-isolating or in quarantine due to international travel.
Social Insurance Number
- confirmation of SIN letter
- plastic SIN card (non-expired)
The easiest way to apply will be online through CRA My Account.
When you can apply
You may start applying on the first Monday after the 1-week period you’re applying for has ended. Applications do not renew automatically.
You must apply for each period separately. You may apply for any period you are eligible for that is open for application, including up to 60 days after the period has ended.