You may be able to get help under Home Heating Supplement supports if your situation matches all the points below:
- You have filed your income taxes for 2021.
- You must provide invoices that verify the purchase of at least 250 litres of furnace or stove oil.
- Note: If your heating is included in the rent or you live in a subsidized Newfoundland and Labrador Housing unit, you will not be eligible for the supplement unless you can provide invoices to verify the minimum purchase of furnace or stove oil.
If your adjusted family income for 2021, is over $150,000, you may still be eligible under these special circumstances:
- If your spouse has died, only the surviving spouse’s income for the year will be used to determine eligibility
- If a spouse resides in a long-term care facility, adjusted family income will be reduced by the amount paid to support the spouse in the long-term care facility. If the cost of long-term care is fully funded by a third party and no contributions are being made from the combined family income, then the cost of care cannot be deducted when calculating adjusted family income
- If a person is enrolled in an Adult Basic Education (ABE) or skills training program, adjusted family income will be reduced by the amount of the payments in respect of the ABE or skills training program, and
- where an individual becomes divorced or separated, only the individual’s income will be used to determine eligibility
Social Insurance Number
- confirmation of SIN letter
- plastic SIN card (non-expired)
You must apply by November 30, 2022
You can apply online through the program portal page.
You can also apply by mail, by downloading the Furnace Oil Supplement Application or by getting a paper copy from one of the following:
- the Department of Finance and the Seniors NL office in St. John’s, and
- throughout the province at all Department of Immigration, Population Growth and Skills offices and Newfoundland and Labrador Public Libraries.
To submit your application by mail, send it to:
Home Heating Supplement Program Department of Finance P.O. Box 8700, St. John’s, NL A1B 4J6
If you need further information, you can contact the Home Heating Supplement Program using the information below.
Phone: (709) 729-4645