You are eligible to apply for the Catch-Up Payment if you live in Ontario and are any of the following:
- A parent or guardian to a student from kindergarten to Grade 12.
- A parent or guardian to a student from kindergarten up to age 21 with special education needs.
- A secondary school student who is 18 years of age.
- Students are eligible if they go to any of the following school types:
- publicly funded schools
- Private schools
- First Nation operated or federally operated schools
- Students of Adult and Continuing Education programs for individuals over 18 years of age are not eligible.
Proof of birth
A document with first name, last name, and date of birth. For example:
- Birth certificate or birth registration
- Hospital record of birth or record of the physician/nurse/midwife who attended the birth
- Record of landing or confirmation of permanent residence issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
- Citizenship certificate
- Note of decision or temporary resident’s permit issued under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Certificate of Indian status card
- Provincial identity card
You can access the application form through the secure website.
Step 1: Create your profile
By creating a profile, you can check the status of your application. You can also update your information prior to submission and check the status of your application throughout the process. Only one parent/guardian per student is eligible to apply and receive payment. Get instructions if you need help setting up your profile
__Step 2: Provide information for each student for whom you are requesting Catch Up Payments __
You must submit a separate application for each student. Only one application per student is accepted. You will need the following information for each student:
- the name of their school and school board (if applicable)
- their date of birth
- a valid email address
- depending on the method of payment selected, your banking information (bank name, branch or transit number and account number)
Step 3: Choose your method of payment
You will be asked to select your preferred method of payment. You can choose:
- direct deposit
Step 4: Submit your application
You will need to complete an attestation form before you submit your application. As soon as you successfully complete your application, you’ll get a confirmation number. Record and keep the confirmation number for each application you submit. For more information about Catch Up Payments, call the program on Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Eastern time, excluding holidays.
Toll-free TTY: 1-800-268-7095
Toronto (GTA) TTY: 416-325-3408