Social Insurance Number
- confirmation of SIN letter
- plastic SIN card (non-expired)
What you will need:
- Your electricity bill.
- Names and birthdates of all the residents in your home as registered with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
- Social Insurance Numbers (SINs), Individual Tax Numbers or temporary taxation numbers for all household members who are 18 and older.
There are three ways to apply:
- Online – Apply now at OntarioElectricitySupport.ca and mail the consent form to the address on the OESP website. (the CRA needs your consent to verify your income). This is the fastest way to apply.
- On Paper – Complete the application and sign the consent forms (the CRA needs your consent to verify your income). Mail them back to the address on the OESP website. You can download the documents from OntarioElectricitySupport.ca
- Through an Intake Agency – Contact a designated intake agency near you if you would like help with your application. There is no cost for this service. Find an agency near you.