Paid infectious disease leave is available for reasons related to COVID-19, including:
- Going for a COVID-19 test
- Staying home awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test
- Being sick with COVID-19
- Getting individual medical treatment for mental health reasons related to COVID-19
- Going to get vaccinated
- Experiencing a side effect from a COVID-19 vaccination
- Having been advised to self-isolate due to COVID-19 by an employer, medical practitioner or other specified authority
- Providing care or support to certain relatives for COVID-19 related reasons, such as when they are:
- Sick with COVID-19 or have symptoms of COVID-19
- Self-isolating due to COVID-19 on the advice of a medical practitioner or other specified authority.
If you are eligible for this paid leave and take time off for reasons related to COVID-19, your employer must cover your lost wages (up to a maximum of $200 per day).
A doctor’s note is not required. Your employer cannot require you to provide a note or certificate from a doctor or nurse as evidence.