To receive the George Coles Graduate Scholarship you must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- You are a student who meets PEI residency requirements as stated in the Provincial Student Loan criteria (you do not require a student loan to receive this award);
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident within the meaning of subsection 2(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada) or a protected person within the meaning of subsection 95(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada) and with a valid Social Insurance Number;
- It is your first undergraduate degree;
- You have applied to graduate;
- You have provided your Social Insurance Number to your educational institution;
- You are not getting a tuition subsidy through Skills PEI and the Labour Market Development Agency.
You do not have to apply for this award. UPEI and Maritime Christian College will provide a list of eligible students to Student Financial Services each year.
If you are eligible, the award is conditionally credited to your school account in January. If you have already paid your tuition in full, your educational institution won’t release the funds to you until:
- The last day to drop classes has passed;
- The institution has determined that you have met the criteria for graduating; and
- You are included on the list of graduating students.