All workers are covered by the CNESST except:
- Self-employed workers (called "independent operators")
- Professional athletes
- Persons hired by an individual to care for another person (a child, an invalid, a handicapped person, or an elderly person)
- Inform your employer.
- Consult a healthcare professional or physician.
- Fill out the Worker's Claim form, sign and fax or mail to your regional CNESST office and give a copy to your employer.
- File your claim within 6 months of the accident.
- Take any required medical exams.
- Inform your employer and the CNESST.
The worker’s claim process is described step by step by the CNESST.