You may be eligible for this benefit if you:
- Are an Alberta resident with a valid Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan card
- Require assistance because of long-term disability, chronic illness or terminal illness
- (Long term and chronic is defined as being 6 months or longer).
You may not be eligible of you are eligible for comparable benefits from another source, including:
- Veteran Affairs.
- Workers Compensation Board.
- Non-Insured Health Benefits (NIHB) Directorate, First Nations and Inuit Branch, Health Canada. People who have treaty status on or off a reserve receive assistance from NIHB with their medical equipment and supplies.
- A private insurance company.
- valid health card with no photo, name and address
- valid health card with photo, name and address
- MCP (Medical Care Plan) number
- Valid ambulance/dental services card
- Department of Immigration, Skills and Labour identification number
- Department of Immigration, Skills and Labour file number (Income Support Card).
Before you can apply, you must first be assessed by a health care professional to determine your basic medical needs and eligibility for the program.
Contact AADL, your local hospital, health care centre, or call HealthLink at 811 for more information on receiving these benefits.
Your AADL authorizer will provide you with a list of at least 3 vendors or you may choose from the Approved vendors list.