You may be eligible for this benefit if you:
- Are an Alberta resident with a valid Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan card
- Require assistance because of long-term disability, chronic illness or terminal illness
- (Long term and chronic is defined as being 6 months or longer).
You may not be eligible of you are eligible for comparable benefits from another source, including:
- Veteran Affairs.
- Workers Compensation Board.
- Non-Insured Health Benefits (NIHB) Directorate, First Nations and Inuit Branch, Health Canada. People who have treaty status on or off a reserve receive assistance from NIHB with their medical equipment and supplies.
- A private insurance company.
- valid health card with no photo, name and address
- valid health card with photo, name and address
- MCP (Medical Care Plan) number
- Valid ambulance/dental services card
- Department of Immigration, Skills and Labour identification number
- Department of Immigration, Skills and Labour file number (Income Support Card).
Before you can apply, you must first be assessed by a health care professional to determine your basic medical needs and eligibility for the program.