To be eligible you must:
- Be 65 years of age or older.
- Be an Alberta resident and must have lived in Alberta for 3 months right before applying.
- Be a Canadian citizen or admitted to Canada for permanent residence (landed immigrant).
- Have submitted a completed Seniors Financial Assistance application form.
- Meet financial eligibility criteria.
Social Insurance Number
- confirmation of SIN letter
- plastic SIN card (non-expired)
- valid health card with no photo, name and address
- valid health card with photo, name and address
- MCP (Medical Care Plan) number
- Valid ambulance/dental services card
- Department of Immigration, Skills and Labour identification number
- Department of Immigration, Skills and Labour file number (Income Support Card).
You must complete and submit the Seniors Financial Assistance application form before accessing Dental and Optical Assistance benefits.
Submit the application to:
Seniors Financial Assistance
PO Box 3100
AB, T5J 4W3
If you have already submitted the Seniors Financial Assistance application form for another program, there is no need to apply again.
Once you are enrolled, your service provider can confirm your eligibility and coverage levels before proceeding with your treatment or claim(s):