To get a reduced-cost pass, you must meet at least one of these criteria:
- You are 60 years or older and the spouse of a person with the Person with Disabilities designation and are receiving disability assistance from the Province of British Columbia.
- You are 60 years or older and receiving income assistance from the Province of British Columbia.
- You are 60 years or older, living on a First Nations reserve and getting assistance from the band office.
- You are 65 years or older and would qualify for the Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS) but do not meet the Canadian 10-year residency rule.
- You are getting Old Age Security (OAS) and the GIS.
- You are getting the federal Spousal Allowance.
- You are getting the federal Allowance for the Survivor.
You can apply for the BC Bus Pass online, or by mail, phone call or fax.
Fill in the online request form
- Access the Online Request for Service
- Fill in each of the required fields
- Click the submit button
- Download the Bus Pass General Enquiry form (PDF)
- Fill in the form and print it
- Mail to: BC Bus Pass Program PO Box 9985, STN PROV GOVT Victoria, BC V8W 9R6
- Call 1 866 866-0800
- Press option 2
- Press option 2
- Press option 1
The program offers interpretive services over the phone in many languages. When the phone is answered, state your language and hold for an interpreter.
If you are calling on behalf of someone, the individual’s verbal or written consent is required. The applicant can fill out the Bus Pass Consent to Disclosure Form (PDF) and submit via email, fax or mail.
1 855 771-8788
If you are advocating for more than one person, you will need to send separate faxes for each person.
- The payee is “BC-BUS PASS PROGRAM.” You will need your nine-digit bus pass account number. This number is on your bus pass application or on your current bus pass.
- Expect to get your pass within 3 weeks. If your pass hasn't arrived within 4 weeks, contact the program.
Send a cheque or money order
- Mail your application form and payment to: BC Bus Pass Program PO Box 9430, STN PROV GOVT Victoria, BC V8W 9V2
- Expect to get your pass within 5 weeks. If your pass hasn't arrived within 5 weeks, contact the program.