You may be able to get this benefit if you:
- Are a B.C. Hydro residential account holder
- Are applying for a grant for your primary residence account
- Have an account with overdue payments and you are facing disconnection
- Have experienced a life event, within the last 12 months, that caused a temporary financial crisis
- Have an unpaid B.C. Hydro bill of $1,000 or less
- Have made some attempts to pay portions of your B.C. Hydro bill.
You cannot get this benefit if you:
- Are not a residential B.C. Hydro account holder
- Have a current bill that is not overdue
- Already have credits on your B.C. Hydro account.
Gather documents you need, including your B.C. Hydro account information
- Complete the online application or you can fill out and submit a paper application form (which you can also pick up at Service BC locations across the province) and:
- Bring it to your local Service BC location for customers outside the Lower Mainland
- Mail it to P.O. Box 8910, Vancouver, B.C., V6B 4X3
- Fax the completed application to 604-909-4861
If you need help applying, please contact B.C. 211 at 211.