In determining who is able to get this supplement, priority is given in the following order:
- Children with mental, physical or developmental disabilities
- Dependent children of long-term assistance recipients
- Adults with developmental disabilities who are living in a residential care facility.
This is how the program decides whether a camp is ‘recognized’ or not:
- The camp must exist in the province of British Columbia (excludes camps located out of province).
- Camps can be day or overnight and may be offered by community centres, neighbourhood houses or other.
- Themed camps are acceptable and may relate to faith-based, music, arts, sports or other similar camps.
- Camping experiences where parents accompany children will not qualify for a camp supplement.
If you meet the eligibility requirements for this supplement, meet with your Employment and Assistance Worker (EAW) who will assess your emergency need and provide you with expedited application.
If you are deemed ineligible for this supplement, your EAW will explain the reason(s) for this and clearly explain the options available, including information on the reconsideration process.