A CJS may be provided to or for a recipient who is eligible for income assistance, disability assistance, or hardship assistance if all of the following apply:
- A recipient in the family unit obtains confirmed employment that will enable the family to leave income assistance, hardship assistance, or disability assistance.
- The recipient requires a specific employment-related item in order to start work.
- No resources are available to the family unit to cover the cost.
If you meet the eligibility requirements for a confirmed job supplement (CJS), meet with your Employment and Assistance Worker (EAW) who will review your eligibility and provide you with the required forms and process your request. If your EAW determines that are not eligible for the CJS, you will be given a denial letter that explains why you are not eligible.
For your application to proceed, you will need to provide:
- Evidence of a job offer (for example, job offer letter or contact person)
- Specific details about required items like clothing and transportation needs and demonstrate that alternative sources of funding were fully explored but were unavailable.
Note: Any information you provide will be verified before your application can proceed. The job offer letter submitted should be on the business letterhead (if possible) or at minimum should provide the name, address and telephone number of the employer, and a contact person.