You may be eligible if you find yourself in any of these situations:
- You’re out of work or not earning enough to meet your basic needs.
- You’re waiting for other sources of money to arrive.
- You can't work at all.
- You urgently need food, shelter or medical attention.
- driver’s license
- other government-issued photo ID, such as a non-driver photo ID (Saskatchewan), British Columbia Services Card, Ontario photo card, General identification card (Nunavut), Voluntary ID (PEI), etc.
Social Insurance Number
- confirmation of SIN letter
- plastic SIN card (non-expired)
You will need to provide details about your current situation, income and assets. Be ready to give information, such as:
- Identification for you and your family.
- Your Social Insurance Number (SIN).
- How much you pay for rent and utilities.
- Your bank account balance.
- How much you owe on your vehicle, if you have a car.