Once you have an RDSP, you can apply for a bond if you:
- Are in the year you turn 49 or younger (if you are 49, you must apply before the end of the year).
- Are a Canadian resident.
- Have a social insurance number.
- Are eligible for the Disability Tax Credit.
Social Insurance Number
- confirmation of SIN letter
- plastic SIN card (non-expired)
You must apply for the bond through the financial organization where you have your RDSP.
When you open your RDSP, you wil be required to complete the Application for the Canada Disability Savings Grant and/or Canada Disability Savings Bond even if you decide not to receive any grants or bonds. This will automatically be provided by your financial institution and they will submit the completed form to ESDC.