Eligibility for the CLB is based on the:
- Number of qualified children in the family.
- Adjusted income of the primary caregiver, including the income of a cohabiting spouse or common-law partner.
A child is eligible for the CLB if they:
- Are from a low-income family.
- Are a resident of Canada.
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number (SIN).
- Are named in an RESP.
Visit the Canada Learning Bond Eligibility page to learn more.
Social Insurance Number
- confirmation of SIN letter
- plastic SIN card (non-expired)
To complete your application, you need to do the following: