You may qualify for repayment assistance if:
- you live in Canada or:
- are a reservist or spouse of a reservist deployed abroad, or
- are on an international internship for a year or less
- your loans are in repayment, that is at least 6 months have passed since you graduated or left school, and
- you are up-to-date on your loan payments
- your income is lower than the income threshold for your household size and
- have a disability that is recognized by the Canada Student Financial Assistance Program
If you earn more than the income thresholds, you may still qualify for reduced monthly payments.
Note: Students with loans from Prince Edward Island or Manitoba must also apply through their province. Contact your provincial or territorial student aid office to find out more.
You may qualify to have your loans cancelled if your disability limits your ability to work for the rest of your life. Please visit the Severe Permanent Disability Benefit for details.