You may be eligible if you are:
- The surviving spouse, who was, at the time of the member's death, living with the member; or
- The person who was, at the time of the Canadian Armed Forces member's death, the member's common-law partner
A dependent child of a deceased Canadian Armed Forces member is:
- The child of a Canadian Armed Forces member (or of their spouse or common-law partner) who is under 18 years of age, or;
- Under 25 years of age and in school, or an adult but have a physical or mental disability that prevents them from earning a living,
- The child must have been living in the home of the Canadian Armed Forces member to be considered a dependent child.
If you have not heard from VAC at the time of the member's death, please contact VAC and they will help you complete the form:
- Phone: 1-866-522-2122 (toll-free) Monday to Friday, 8:30 to 4:30, local time
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.