To be able to get help through the Social Housing Rental Program:
- You must be in core housing need.
- You must be either a Canadian Citizen, a permanent resident of Canada, a refugee claimant or have legal status to live and/or work in Canada.
- You must have total adjusted household income at or below the Social Housing Rental Program Income Limits established by Manitoba Housing where applicable.
To maintain eligibility for this program, you must supply information to verify eligibility annually.
Social Insurance Number
- confirmation of SIN letter
- plastic SIN card (non-expired)
Steps to apply:
- Step 1: Determine where you would like to live.
- Step 2: Obtain and complete all sections of the application (PDF) and ensure that the information provided is correct.
- Step 3: Print (if downloaded and completed online), sign and submit your complete application to Manitoba Housing.
- Step 4: Notify Manitoba Housing immediately of any changes.
Once submitted, Manitoba Housing will contact you to verify information and discuss next steps.
Contact details for inquiries about this benefit program are as follows:
2nd Fl – 352 Donald St
Winnipeg, MB R3B 2H8
Toll Free: 1-800-661-4663
For more detailed information on the application process, visit the Manitoba Housing webpage.