To be eligible, you must be receiving any of the following: Social Assistance
- The New Brunswick Low-Income Seniors’ Benefit (2022)
- Housing support from Social Development, which includes:
- Public housing
- Rural and native housing
- Rent supplement
- The Canada Housing Benefit
- Some clients in the Disability Support Program (DSP) will be eligible to receive a payment.
- Youth Engagement Services (YES) program participants can also now qualify for the benefit.
You do not need to apply for the Emergency Food and Fuel Benefit. If you qualify for it, you'll automatically receive it without having to fill out any application forms. The benefit will be administered the same way that you currently receive payment from your eligible program.
For further inquiries contact your local Social Development Regional Office using the [Social Development Directory(https://www2.gnb.ca/content/gnb/en/services/services_renderer.201551.Emergency_Fuel_and_Food_Benefit.html#serviceLocation).