You may qualify for Health Services Programs if:
- You are a client of Social Development
- You are the dependent of a client of Social Development
- You qualify for assisted health care under Section 4/4 of the Family Income Security Act and Regulations.
You must also have a valid Social Development (white or yellow) Health Card with the appropriate coverage for your needs.
Criteria specific to each program and benefit may also apply.
In most cases, you are not eligible for full benefits if you have other medical coverage.
- valid health card with no photo, name and address
- valid health card with photo, name and address
- MCP (Medical Care Plan) number
- Valid ambulance/dental services card
- Department of Immigration, Skills and Labour identification number
- Department of Immigration, Skills and Labour file number (Income Support Card).
Each Health Services program has its own application and approvals process. For most programs, you need:
- A prescription or referral from the appropriate health-care professional.
- An estimate or a quote for the benefit required.
- Approval from Social Development before you can get the supplies, equipment, or services.
Go to the Health Services website to learn how to apply for each type of offered program.