You must be a homeowner. The modifications can be for any person in the home who is restricted or lacks the ability (resulting from an impairment) to perform an activity in the way that is considered normal.
- Modifications to existing homes must be housing related and/or give access to permanent basic facilities within the home
- All work shall conform to the requirements of the most current National Building Code.
Eligible properties include:
- Any residential property where the work will improve accessibility for a disabled occupant/tenant.
- Secondary/garden suites can only be created on existing family housing residential properties. You must be able to demonstrate that the property can be converted to include a secondary or garden suite which will meet the program’s requirements. The units created must be modest in size and amenities.
- Additions to existing homes may also be eligible as long as they meet the program’s requirements.
- Only properties that meet acceptable standards of health and safety are eligible.