You may qualify for the New Brunswick Seniors' Home Renovation Tax Credit if you are:
- A resident of New Brunswick, and
- A senior aged 65 or older, or a family member living with a senior.
To claim the New Brunswick Seniors’ Home Renovation Tax Credit follow these steps:
- Complete the Schedule NB(S12) form (pdf) to submit with your personal income taxes. The form requires that you include a general description of the renovation, the date on the receipt or contract, the name of the supplier or contractor and their GST/HST number, and the amount paid, including all taxes.
- You can claim renovation expenses related to work that you paid for or were billed for (whichever is earlier) during the tax year you are filing. For example, if you are filing for the tax year 2019, the renovations must be done between Jan. 1, 2019 and Dec. 31, 2019. You aren’t required to submit receipts with your income tax return but keep them in case you need to provide them later.
- Submit the completed form with your personal income tax return.