The Home Energy Savings Program is available if you are a homeowner with income of $32,500 or less.
You cannot get this grant if you own a condo.
What types of repairs are eligible?
Examples of some repairs that will create energy efficiency are basement and attic insulation, and draft-proofing.
Proof of housing situation
- letter from landlord about your housing situation
- eviction notice
- disconnection notice
- police report about an incident involving your housing
- moving company quote or invoice
- list of repairs needed in home
- list of expenses for renovations needed for independence in the home
- proof of home ownership (mortgage, property ownership)
You must give certain information depending on your situation
- If you heat your home with electricity or oil heat, please provide proof of your annual consumption (you can get this from your electricity bills or fuel-oil bills).
- You must give your proof of ownership
- You must give consent to allow Newfoundland and Labrador Housing Corporation to get your income information from the Canada Revenue Agency.
Incomplete applications will be returned.
To apply online, or print an application, see below:
Inquiries can be made directly to:
Toll Free: 1-866-331-3436
Telephone: (709) 724-3000
Fax: (709) 724-3037
How are eligible homeowners selected for the program?
Applicants will be served on a first-come, first-served basis. Applications can be faxed or submitted online, and they can also be dropped off at any Newfoundland and Labrador Housing Corporation office and will be date stamped when received, or if mailed, the post-mark date will be used.