To be eligible for the MTAP:
- You must have a valid Medical Care Plan number.
- Your out-of-pocket travel costs were to access specialized insured medical services which are not available in your immediate area of residence and/or within the Province.
- Your travel must be to/from your Newfoundland and Labrador place of residence to qualify.
- valid health card with no photo, name and address
- valid health card with photo, name and address
- MCP (Medical Care Plan) number
- Valid ambulance/dental services card
- Department of Immigration, Skills and Labour identification number
- Department of Immigration, Skills and Labour file number (Income Support Card).
A beneficiary can make an application for financial assistance by completing one or more of the following applicable claim forms:
- Airfare and Purchased Registered/Private Accommodations
- Meal Allowances
- Taxis (when used in conjunction with airfare),
- Car Rentals
- Scheduled Transportation Services (when used in conjunction with private vehicle)
- Private Vehicle Usage
- Pre-Payment of Economy Airfare
Once completed, a beneficiary can mail or email their application(s) with the required supporting documentation and official receipts for allowable expenses to the following:
Medical Transportation Assistance Program
Department of Health and Community Services
Government of Newfoundland and Labrador
P.O. Box 8700,
St. John’s, NL A1B 4J6