There are three categories of eligible applicants:
- Small Business Owners, and
- Residential Tenants
To determine your eligibility or for more information, contact your Municipal and Community Affairs (MACA) regional office:
Proof of housing situation
- letter from landlord about your housing situation
- eviction notice
- disconnection notice
- police report about an incident involving your housing
- moving company quote or invoice
- list of repairs needed in home
- list of expenses for renovations needed for independence in the home
- proof of home ownership (mortgage, property ownership)
- Fill out a registration form and provide supporting documents listed in the form. There are different registration forms depending on if you are submitting as a resident or small business/organization. After filling out the form, the Government of NWT will let you know in writing if you’re eligible to receive Disaster Financial Assistance.
- If you’re eligible, the Government of NWT will hire and pay a professional to go to your home, small business, or non-profit organization to complete a detailed damage assessment.
- Once all repair and restoration work is done, complete and submit the Disaster Financial Assistance application form.
- Return the completed form and required documentation to your local MACA Regional Superintendent.