There are three categories of eligible applicants:
- Small Business Owners, Residents Small Business Owners including non-profit organizations and
- Local authorities (community governments)
To determine your eligibility or for more information, contact your Municipal and Community Affairs (MACA) regional office:
Proof of housing situation
- letter from landlord about your housing situation
- eviction notice
- disconnection notice
- police report about an incident involving your housing
- moving company quote or invoice
- list of repairs needed in home
- list of expenses for renovations needed for independence in the home
- proof of home ownership (mortgage, property ownership)
Fill out a registration form and provide supporting documents listed in the form. There are different registration forms depending on if you are submitting as a resident or small business/organization. After filling out the form, the Government of NWT will let you know in writing if you’re eligible to receive Disaster Financial Assistance.
If you’re eligible, the Government of NWT will hire and pay a professional to go to your home, small business, or non-profit organization to complete a detailed damage assessment.
Once all repair and restoration work is done, complete and submit the Disaster Financial Assistance application form.
Return the completed form and required documentation to your local MACA Regional Superintendent.