To qualify for the Extended Health Benefits for Seniors Program, you must:
- Be 60 years of age or over
- Be Métis or Non-Indigenous
- Be a permanent resident of the Northwest Territories (NWT)
- Have a valid NWT Health Care Card
Please note that comparable coverage for seniors is provided to Indigenous Métis residents through the NWT Métis Health Benefit program and provided to First Nations and Inuit Residents of the NWT though the federal Non-Insured Health Benefits Program.
If you have access to benefits under an employer or similar plan, and choose not to use them, you will not be eligible for assistance under the EHB Seniors Program.
- valid health card with no photo, name and address
- valid health card with photo, name and address
- MCP (Medical Care Plan) number
- Valid ambulance/dental services card
- Department of Immigration, Skills and Labour identification number
- Department of Immigration, Skills and Labour file number (Income Support Card).
To apply for the Extended Health Benefits for Seniors Program:
- Complete and submit the EHB Seniors Program Application
- Send the completed form to
Health Services Administration
Department of Health and Social Services
Inuvik, NT X0E 0T0
Fax to: 1-867-777-3197
Or via email to: email@example.com