To be eligible for all or a portion of the NWT Child Benefit, you and your spouse (if applicable) must:
- Be an NWT resident.
- Be a parent or primary caregiver of one or more children under the age of 18 who live with you.
- Have a family net income of less than $80,000 per year.
- File an income tax return every year.
- You do not need to apply for the NWT Child Benefit.
- If you are already enrolled in the Canada Child Benefit program and meet the eligibility criteria listed above, you will automatically qualify for the NWT Child Benefit.
For more information on the Canada Child Benefit or to apply, please click here.