You may qualify for Canada-Nova Scotia Targeted Housing Benefit if you meet all of the situations below:
- You live in Nova Scotia and have status in Canada;
- You spend more than half of your income on rent or mortgage;
- You have an annual total pre-tax household income that falls below the current Household Income Limits for your eligible unit size in your area;
To be eligible as a homeowner, you must own a home that has been assessed for property tax at $300,000 or less in Halifax and $200,000 or less in other parts of Nova Scotia and you must also live in your home permanently.
If you are a full-time student, you may be eligible for this benefit if you have dependents, have a physical disability, and/or require an accessible rental unit.
Additional requirements may apply, so check the applicant guide for more information.
To apply for Canada-Nova Scotia Targeted Housing Benefit:
- Review the Applicant Guide (Renter or Homeowner) to determine if you may qualify
- Fill out the application form (Renter or Homeowner)
- Attach any required documents
- Mail your application and supporting documents to:
ATTN: Housing Benefit Unit
P.O. Box 702, Stn. Central
Halifax, NS B3J 2T3
- Review the applicant guide (Renter or Homeowner) to decide if you may qualify.
- Fill out the fillable application form (Renter or Homeowner).
- Attach supporting documents
- Email package to: firstname.lastname@example.org