To be eligible, participants must:
- Be 19 years of age or over, a resident of Nova Scotia, and lawfully entitled to be or remain in Canada.
- Agree to sign a consent form.
- Undergo a functional assessment of your support level requirements.
- Provide a physician report for medical assessment.
- Undergo financial assessment and sign a financial consent form.
- Have a valid Nova Scotia health card.
- Be diagnosed with 1 or more of the following primary disabilities:
- Intellectual disability.
- Long-term mental illness.
- Physical disability.
- Dual diagnosis.
- Acquired brain injury.
- valid health card with no photo, name and address
- valid health card with photo, name and address
- MCP (Medical Care Plan) number
- Valid ambulance/dental services card
- Department of Immigration, Skills and Labour identification number
- Department of Immigration, Skills and Labour file number (Income Support Card).
Call the toll free intake line to complete the application over the phone: 1-877-424-1177.
Or you can visit your local Community Services office Monday to Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm.