You may be able to get this support if:
- You live in Nova Scotia and:
- Your household income is less than $29,000 for one-person households
- Your household income is less than $47,703 for 2 to 4 person households, and
- Your household income is less than $67,937 for households of 5 or more individuals.
- Your household is experiencing an emergency heating situation.
Note that in the past, you could only get this support once every 24 months. Because of COVID-19 that restriction has been removed. This means that if you got money in 2020 from the HEAT fund you can apply again in 2021.
Social Insurance Number
- confirmation of SIN letter
- plastic SIN card (non-expired)
Proof of housing situation
- letter from landlord about your housing situation
- eviction notice
- disconnection notice
- police report about an incident involving your housing
- moving company quote or invoice
- list of repairs needed in home
- list of expenses for renovations needed for independence in the home
- proof of home ownership (mortgage, property ownership)
- To apply, download an application from the Salvation Army website and fill it out
- Send your application by fax, email, or mail, using the addresses listed on the form
- Note that submitting an application does not guarantee approval.