To qualify for the grant, you need to be 65 or older in 2021 and meet all of the following criteria:
- Have a household net income of $37,500 or less
- Live independently in your home (you’re not living with a caregiver, other than a spouse or partner)
- Own a home (your name is on the property title) or have a residential lease agreement with your name on it
- Have paid for household services between 1 January 2021 and 30 November 2022
You can only apply once per household. You need to apply by 31 May 2022.
- Apply online for the grant.
- Check the application for details on all required supporting documents.
- Submit your completed application and any supporting documents.
- If your application is approved, your reimbursement cheque is mailed to you.