To qualify for the Aviation Scholarship:
- You must be Inuit from Nunavut or resident of Nunavut (living in Nunavut for the last two years).
- You must be pursuing full-time training for an aviation-related career.
- You must be planning to work in Nunavut after completion of the training.
Proof of residency in Province
- lease agreement
- rent receipt
- household bill
- cable television
- driver's license
- vehicle registration or car insurance
- membership in social or professional organization
- bank information
- employment information
To apply for the scholarship:
- Complete the Aviation Scholarship application form.
- Attach supporting documentation to complete the application package.
- A completed application package includes the following:
- Completed and signed application form
- Academic transcripts
- Two letters of reference
- Letter of acceptance from a school, college, or university offering an academic or technical aviation- related program specifying the date your studies are to begin, and the length of the program in which you are to be enrolled. A letter of conditional acceptance is also acceptable.
- Any additional information requested by the department that is required to assess applicant eligibility and award points to an application.
- Submit your completed application to:
Department of Economic Development and Transportation,
P.O. Box 1000,
Iqaluit, NU X0A 0H0
Call (888) 975-5999 or fax (867) 975-7880
- The deadline to apply is end of August or September of each year. .
Check the Simata Pitsiulak Aviation Scholarship Program Policy for more details on the scholarship.