To qualify for the Young Parents Stay Learning subsidy:
- You must be the parent or legal guardian of a child or children who need care.
- You must be enrolled in a full-time program of study for middle or high school within Nunavut or under the age of 18 years of age and enrolled in a full-time post-secondary program of study within Nunavut.
- You must not be receiving the daycare user subsidy funded by the Department of Education.
- You must not be receiving funding from a Regional Inuit Organization.
- You must complete the Young Parents Stay Learning application form. Mailing instructions are included in the form.
- You must prepare a letter of why this subsidy is important to you.
- The application form must be signed by a school counselor or principal.
- You must sign an agreement to attend full-time and to commit to progressing in your studies.
- There should be space available at a licensed childcare facility or with a private unlicensed caregiver (only with approval from the Department when licensed childcare is not available)
- There must be evidence of satisfactory attendance and evidence of satisfactory progress.