Ontario

Assistive Devices Program

Complex application

Tax filing required

The Assistive Devices Program helps people with long-term disabilities pay for customized equipment and specialized supplies.

This program covers 75% of the cost for equipment and supplies. When making a purchase, this program is billed directly by the supplier with you paying the remaining 25% of the cost.

To confirm that your equipment or supplies are covered, please check to the types of equipment and supplies covered and not covered page.

To qualify, you must:

  • Be an Ontario resident.
  • Have a valid Ontario health card.
  • Have a disability requiring the equipment or supplies for six months or longer.

Income is not considered in this program.

You do not qualify for the ADP if you:

  • Already qualify for or are receiving financial support for the same equipment or supplies from the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board.
  • Are a Group “A” veteran and already qualify for or are receiving financial support from Veterans Affairs Canada for the same equipment or supplies.

Health card

  • valid health card with no photo, name and address
  • valid health card with photo, name and address
  • MCP (Medical Care Plan) number - Valid ambulance/dental services card
  • Department of Immigration, Skills and Labour identification number
  • Department of Immigration, Skills and Labour file number (Income Support Card).

Social Insurance Number

  • confirmation of SIN letter
  • plastic SIN card (non-expired)

The application process will depend on the type of equipment or supplies you want covered. To find out more about how to qualify, apply and find a vendor for your unique needs, visit any of the following pages that represent the type of equipment or supplies needed:

Each of these pages will have step-by-step instructions on how to apply for this benefit.

Last updated: September 2, 2021