To qualify, you must:
- Be an Ontario resident.
- Have a valid Ontario health card.
- Have a disability requiring the equipment or supplies for six months or longer.
Income is not considered in this program.
You do not qualify for the ADP if you:
- Already qualify for or are receiving financial support for the same equipment or supplies from the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board.
- Are a Group “A” veteran and already qualify for or are receiving financial support from Veterans Affairs Canada for the same equipment or supplies.
- valid health card with no photo, name and address
- valid health card with photo, name and address
- MCP (Medical Care Plan) number
- Valid ambulance/dental services card
- Department of Immigration, Skills and Labour identification number
- Department of Immigration, Skills and Labour file number (Income Support Card).
Social Insurance Number
- confirmation of SIN letter
- plastic SIN card (non-expired)
The application process will depend on the type of equipment or supplies you want covered. To find out more about how to qualify, apply and find a vendor for your unique needs, visit any of the following pages that represent the type of equipment or supplies needed:
- Mobility aids
- Hearing aids and other devices
- Communication aids
- Visual aids
- Diabetic equipment and supplies
- Respiratory equipment and supplies
- Home oxygen therapy
- Artificial eyes and facial prosthetics
- Custom orthotic braces, compression garments and lymphedema pumps
- Prosthetic breasts or limbs
- Enteral-feeding pumps and ostomy supplies
Each of these pages will have step-by-step instructions on how to apply for this benefit.