You may be able to get this benefit if you:
- Live in Ontario
- Are in a crisis, such as:
- You have been affected by COVID-19
- You are being evicted
- You are in or leaving an abusive relationship
- You are worried about your safety.
You cannot get this benefit if you:
- Are already getting money from Ontario Works
- Are on the Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP)
- You are a tourist or visitor to Ontario.
If you live in a First Nations community, are under the age of 18, or you do not have a Social Insurance Number (SIN), contact your local Ontario Works office to apply. If you are in Ontario under the Canada-Ukraine Authorization for Emergency Travel, you can apply for temporary financial support through emergency assistance. If you are not in Ontario under the Canada-Ukraine Authorization for Emergency Travel and need support for longer than 48 days, you should apply for Ontario Works.
You can apply online if you have;
- a Canadian social insurance number (SIN),
- email address and phone number. You must apply by calling your local Ontario Works office if;
- you do not have a social insurance number,
- You do not have an email address and phone number,
- if you live in a First Nations community
- or are under 18 years of age. It will take about 15 to 20 minutes to apply. You should make only one application for you and your immediate family.
- You will need:
- Personal details about you and your family
- Your housing costs
- Your family’s total income and available assets
- Your bank account information if you have one
- Documentation confirming your status in Canada, including your passport, visa, permits, etc.
- this applies to persons in Ontario under the Canada-Ukraine Authorization for Emergency Travel (CUAET)