You may be eligible if:
- your long-term care accommodation is basic (only basic is covered – not private or semi-private)
- your net income is within the low-income threshold. Follow this link to know how income is calculated net income.
Proof of residency in Province
- lease agreement
- rent receipt
- household bill
- cable television
- driver's license
- vehicle registration or car insurance
- membership in social or professional organization
- bank information
- employment information
To apply for Long-term care accommodation costs and subsidy you need to do the following:
- you must re-apply for a rate reduction each year. Whether you are applying for the first time or re-applying, the process is the same.
- you need to have access to information about all your sources of income
- you complete one of four main forms
- you complete additional forms if you are asking to keep income to support a dependent or involuntarily do not live with your partner
- you submit your forms to the long-term care home where you are applying for the rate reduction
For more information, or to get help filling out forms, speak to the staff at your long-term care home.
If you still have questions, email the ministry at LTC.RateReduction@ontario.ca. (If you don't have access to email, call the Long-Term Care Family Support and Action Line at 1-866-434-0144).