You may be able to get this benefit if you:
- Are 16 or older.
- Live in Ontario.
- Are legally allowed to work in Canada.
- Have a physical or mental disability that is expected to last a year or more, and makes it hard for you to find or keep a job.
- valid health card with no photo, name and address
- valid health card with photo, name and address
- MCP (Medical Care Plan) number - Valid ambulance/dental services card
- Department of Immigration, Skills and Labour identification number
- Department of Immigration, Skills and Labour file number (Income Support Card).
Proof of birth
A document with first name, last name, and date of birth.
- Birth certificate or birth registration
- Hospital record of birth or record of the physician/nurse/midwife who attended the birth
- Record of landing or confirmation of permanent residence issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
- Citizenship certificate
- Note of decision or temporary resident’s permit issued under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Certificate of Indian status card
- Provincial identity card
Social Insurance Number
- confirmation of SIN letter
- plastic SIN card (non-expired)
If you are applying for Income Support, please note that there are two parts to the application process:
- Part one looks at your financial situation.
- Part two looks at your disability status.
You can call or visit your local ODSP office. You can also start your application online. If you apply online, you will still need to come into your local office to continue the application with a caseworker.
Applying online can help you find out if you are eligible for ODSP, as well as other social assistance programs.
To start an online application, visit the online application page.