You are eligible for the ODB program if you live in Ontario, you have a valid Ontario Health Card and at least one of the following statements applies to you:
- You are 65 years of age or older.
- Registered for the Ontario Health Insurance Program.
- You are under 25 years of age.
- You live in a Long-Term Care Home or a Home for Special Care.
- You are enrolled in the Home Care program.
- You have high drugs costs relative to your income, and you are registered in the Trillium Drug Program.
You receive social assistance through Ontario Works or the Ontario Disability program.
- valid health card with no photo, name and address
- valid health card with photo, name and address
- MCP (Medical Care Plan) number - Valid ambulance/dental services card
- Department of Immigration, Skills and Labour identification number
- Department of Immigration, Skills and Labour file number (Income Support Card).
Apply for ODB
- If you are 65 years of age, live in Ontario, and have a valid Ontario health card, you qualify for the ODB program. If the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care has your address, you will be notified by mail three months before you turn 65. You do not need to apply.
- If you are receiving Ontario Works or Ontario Disability Support Program, you will receive a drug card in the mail on a monthly basis that you will need to present at the pharmacy.
- If you or your child is 24 years old or younger, present your prescription and your health card/health card number at the pharmacy and they will fill your prescription at no charge.