You are eligible for the ODB program if you live in Ontario, you have a valid Ontario Health Card and at least one of the following statements applies to you:
- You are 65 years of age or older.
- Registered for the Ontario Health Insurance Program.
- You are under 25 years of age.
- You live in a Long-Term Care Home or a Home for Special Care.
- You are enrolled in the Home Care program.
- You have high drugs costs relative to your income, and you are registered in the Trillium Drug Program.
You receive social assistance through Ontario Works or the Ontario Disability program.
- valid health card with no photo, name and address
- valid health card with photo, name and address
- MCP (Medical Care Plan) number
- Valid ambulance/dental services card
- Department of Immigration, Skills and Labour identification number
- Department of Immigration, Skills and Labour file number (Income Support Card).
Apply for ODB
- If you are 65 years of age, live in Ontario, and have a valid Ontario health card, you qualify for the ODB program. If the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care has your address, you will be notified by mail three months before you turn 65. You do not need to apply.
- If you are receiving Ontario Works or Ontario Disability Support Program, you will receive a drug card in the mail on a monthly basis that you will need to present at the pharmacy.
- If you are 24 years old or younger, present your prescription and your health card number at the pharmacy and they will fill your prescription at no charge if it is in the ODB formlulary
- If your child is 24 years old or younger, present your child’s prescription and their health card/health card number at the pharmacy and they will fill their prescription at no charge if it is in the ODB Formulary.