You may be eligible if you meet all of these conditions:
- You are 65 years of age or older
- You are getting OAS and GIS
- You live in Ontario
- You have lived in Ontario for the past 12 months or for a total of 20 years since turning 18
- You have 10 or more years of Canadian residency, and
- You have income that is a maximum of $1,992 if you are a single senior or $3,984 if you are a senior couple.
Social Insurance Number
- confirmation of SIN letter
- plastic SIN card (non-expired)
If you receive a full or partial OAS pension plus the GIS, you do not have to apply for GAINS. Your benefits will be determined based on information from Employment and Social Development Canada and your annual personal income tax and benefit return.
- Every year, you must:
- GAINS is paid: