You can get this benefit if you are:
- An Ontario resident.
- A Canadian citizen.
- A permanent resident.
- A protected person.
You could be eligible for additional money if you are:
- An Indigenous student.
- A student with a permanent disability.
- A youth with Crown ward status.
- The first in your family to go to college or university.
Social Insurance Number
- confirmation of SIN letter
- plastic SIN card (non-expired)
- Register to create an OSAP account.
- You will need your Social Insurance Number (SIN) to create an account.
- Write down your OSAP Access Number and password. You will need these to login in the future.
- Once you have an account, apply online.
- It usually takes less than 15 minutes.
- You can start your application and come back to it later.
- Submit your OSAP application by the deadline for the semester or term you are applying for.