You qualify for this grant if you or your spouse/common-law partner, as of December 31 of the previous year:
- Paid Ontario property tax for the year.
- Met either of the following income requirements:
- You were single, divorced or widowed and earned less than $50,000.
- You were married or living common-law and you and your spouse/common-law partner earned a combined income of less than $60,000.
- Owned and occupied your principal residence.
- Were 64 years of age or older.
- Were a resident of Ontario.
Social Insurance Number
- confirmation of SIN letter
- plastic SIN card (non-expired)
You need to file your tax return to apply for this grant, even if you don't have income to report. You may qualify for the grant even if you do not owe income tax.