You may be eligible if you:
- Are receiving Ontario Works or Ontario Disability Support Program Income Support.
- Have an approved health care professional who can confirm that you have a medical condition that is approved for the Special Diet Allowance.
Apply for the Special Diet Allowance
- Contact your Social Service Worker at Ontario Works or Ontario Disability Support Program and ask for the Special Diet Allowance form.
- Please note that part of the form will need to be completed by a health care professional.
- Ask any of the following healthcare professionals to fill out the form:
- Your Family Doctor or Physician.
- A Registered Nurse in the Extended Class (Nurse Practitioner).
- A Registered Dietitian.
- A Registered Midwife.
- A Traditional Aboriginal Midwife
- Complete Section 1 and sign the form.
- Submit the original completed form to your local Ontario Works or Ontario Disability Support Program office.
A letter will be sent to you if your application is approved.