To be eligible for the SSAH program, your child must meet all of the following criteria:
- Has a developmental and/or physical disability.
- Lives in Ontario.
- Is legally entitled to live in Canada (for example, be a citizen, landed immigrant, holder of Minister's Permit or a refugee entitled to live in Canada)
- Is under the age of 18.
- Requires more support than you can provide.
- Lives at home with you, or if not living at home, is not receiving assistance from other residential services.
Proof of legal status
A document showing citizenship or immigration status in Canada. For example:
- citizenship certificate
- confirmation document
- record of landing, confirmation of permanent residence;
- permanent resident card
- visitor record
- temporary resident permit
- study permit
- positive notice of decision
- verification of status document
- registration date with Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada
- foreign passport
Proof of residency in Province
- lease agreement
- rent receipt
- household bill
- cable television
- driver's license
- vehicle registration or car insurance
- membership in social or professional organization
- bank information
- employment information
To apply for the Special Services at Home (SSAH) program, you can complete the application online or with a paper copy:
- Access the online application: Visit the designated website to access the online application form.
- Save and edit: You have the option to save your progress and come back to it later if needed. This allows you to work on the application at your own pace.
- Submit only one application per child: Make sure to submit only one application for each child. Submitting multiple applications for the same child will cause delays in processing.
- Separate applications for multiple children: If you have more than one child for whom you want to apply, you will need to submit a separate application for each child.
- Complete within 90 days: You have a period of 90 days to complete and submit your online application. It is important to finish and submit the application within this timeframe.
You can also download a paper copy of the SSAH application to fill out and send to your local regional office of the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services. If you have any questions or need assistance, contact your local ministry regional office.