You should apply if you:
- Live in Ontario.
- Have a valid Ontario health card number.
- Do not already qualify for the Ontario Drug Benefit program (for example, you are not enrolled in a program such as Ontario Works).
- Do not have an insurance plan that pays for 100% of your drugs.
- Spend about 4% or more of your after-tax household income on prescription-drug costs.
- valid health card with no photo, name and address
- valid health card with photo, name and address
- MCP (Medical Care Plan) number
- Valid ambulance/dental services card
- Department of Immigration, Skills and Labour identification number
- Department of Immigration, Skills and Labour file number (Income Support Card).
The Trillium Drug Program year is from August 1 to July 31. Make sure you apply by September 30, to be reimbursed for any eligible drug you received in the previous program year (August 1-July 31). You can get the application form online: Application for the Trillium Drug Program
Or you can get the form by calling:
Send your completed application by mail only to:
Trillium Drug Program
Ministry of Health
P.O. Box 337 Station D
Etobicoke ON M9A 4X3
Once you are enrolled, you will receive a confirmation letter telling you what your deductible is for the year. Your household's enrollment will be renewed automatically every year and you will receive an annual confirmation letter.