You may be eligible if you are:
- Receiving Ontario Works or Ontario Disability Support Program Income Support.
- Not covered under OHIP or through a private insurance plan.
In certain situations, vision care benefits may be available if you are 18 years of age or older and receiving Ontario Works.
- valid health card with no photo, name and address
- valid health card with photo, name and address
- MCP (Medical Care Plan) number - Valid ambulance/dental services card
- Department of Immigration, Skills and Labour identification number
- Department of Immigration, Skills and Labour file number (Income Support Card).
Apply for Vision Care
- Contact your Social Service Worker at Ontario Works or Ontario Disability Support Program and request for a Vision Care benefit form.
- Take this form to your optometrist or optician and ask them to fill it in when you get glasses, frames or repairs. You will need to sign the form at that time.
- Present your Ontario health card, Statement of Assistance, or another approved type of government identification.
- You do not need to pay for your eyeglasses up front. The optometrist or optician will send your completed form to the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care to get their payment.