You may be able to get this bursary if you meet all of the following criteria:
- You volunteer at an organization in PEI that is a not-for-profit, non-political, and registered with the Community Services program.
- You are a PEI resident
- Your volunteer work is not a fund-raising activity.
- You do not displace paid employees.
- Your work is not part of your academic studies, related to extra-curricular school activities, or sporting events, or during school hours. International Baccalaureate community service requirements do not qualify.
- Your volunteer work offers you a new, meaningful experience, and helps you develop career and leadership skills.
- Your sponsor organization agrees to supervise and record your volunteer hours.
Social Insurance Number
- confirmation of SIN letter
- plastic SIN card (non-expired)
To register for the Community Service Bursary:
- Contact an organization from the list of organizations registered in the Community Services program. (List of Registered Organizations)
- Submit a completed Community Service Bursary Student Registration Form and confirm your post secondary information.
- Once you complete the required hours, ensure your organizations submits your hours by emailing email@example.com with the Volunteer Hours Record.
- Once you know the post-secondary institution you will be attending, complete the Post-Secondary Information form-information#/service/GenericWebformSubmission/GenericWebformGenerateTransactionID
You will need your social insurance number and current mailing address for your T4A slip to be issued.
Your post secondary student ID # is needed to make payment to your school account.
For more information on the Community Service Bursary contact:
Student Financial Services
176 Great George St., P.O. Box 2000
Telephone: (902) 368-4640
Fax: (902) 368-6144