To get the benefits from the Provincial Dental Care Program, you and dependant members of your family must:
- Be residents of Prince Edward Island;
- Have an active PEI Health Card;
- Submit a Health PEI application form [PDF | 718 KB] to participate in the program;
- Meet the income eligibility criteria or be in receipt of financial assistance from the Department of Social Development and Housing.
You and other members of your family who qualify will each be issued a card by Health PEI, Dental Public Health Programs specifying the level of coverage that you each qualify for. For example: 100%, 80%, 60%, 40%, or 20%.
You are required to show this card at every dental appointment.
- valid health card with no photo, name and address
- valid health card with photo, name and address
- MCP (Medical Care Plan) number - Valid ambulance/dental services card
- Department of Immigration, Skills and Labour identification number
- Department of Immigration, Skills and Labour file number (Income Support Card).
Social Insurance Number
- confirmation of SIN letter
- plastic SIN card (non-expired)
To apply for the Provincial Dental Care Program, you must complete, sign and return the Provincial Dental Care Program Application Form [PDF | 718 KB]. Please note: Health PEI can only process a completed form with an original signature in ink – copy/fax is not acceptable.
You can request an application these ways:
Download it online at Provincial Dental Care Program Application Form [PDF | 718 KB]
Four Neighborhood Centre
152 St. Peter’s Road, 2nd Floor
Charlottetown, PE C1A 5P8 (Get Directions)
Public Health Clinic
205 Linden Avenue Summerside, PE C1N 2K4 (Get Directions)
By Mail: Dental Public Health PO Box 2000 152 St. Peter’s Road Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8
To find out more about the Cleft Palate Orthodontic Funding Program call (902) 368-4917. You can download, complete and submit an Application for Orthodontic Treatment Funding for Cleft Palate [PDF | 107 KB]:
Mail your form to:
Cleft Palate Orthodontic Funding Program
152 St. Peter’s Road
PO Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8
Fax your form to: (902) 368-4922
Email your form to: firstname.lastname@example.org