You may be able to receive help under the Family Housing Program. Tenants are selected based on need. A rating system is used to determine which applicants have the greatest need.
Assessments are based on:
- Your income.
- Your health.
- Your age.
- Your present housing.
The local housing boards select tenants based on the availability of a vacant unit appropriate to meet a family’s need.
- valid health card with no photo, name and address
- valid health card with photo, name and address
- MCP (Medical Care Plan) number
- Valid ambulance/dental services card
- Department of Immigration, Skills and Labour identification number
- Department of Immigration, Skills and Labour file number (Income Support Card).
Apply for Family Housing Online for a family housing unit in Alberton, Charlottetown, Georgetown, Montague, Mount Stewart, O’Leary, Souris, Summerside or Tignish. You may also be eligible for a rent supplement benefit in any community. If available, housing units are offered to families with low income, poor housing conditions or other special circumstances.
The application should take you about 15 minutes and you will need to provide:
- Your current contact information.
- Your PEI Health Card number.
Once your application is received, someone will contact you to schedule an appointment with you.
Housing Services staff reviews all applications and considers the present housing conditions, income, housing costs, family size, health, and any special circumstances for each applicant.