Your may be able to get support from the Generic Drug Program if all of the following are true:
- You have no private drug insurance coverage;
- You are a permanent PEI resident as defined by the Drug Cost Assistance Act;
- You are under 65 years of age;
- You hold a valid PEI Health Card; and
- You have completed an application and have been approved for coverage.
- valid health card with no photo, name and address
- valid health card with photo, name and address
- MCP (Medical Care Plan) number
- Valid ambulance/dental services card
- Department of Immigration, Skills and Labour identification number
- Department of Immigration, Skills and Labour file number (Income Support Card).
To apply for the Generic Drug Program you need to complete the Generic Drug Program Application form and submit it on-line or in person at Access PEI locations, pharmacies, physician offices, or pharmacare offices.